Basement / Crawlspace Mold Proofing
Removal of basement mold is one of the most common tasks that our teams are performing.
The first reason to prevent mold is to keep yourself and your family healthy! Read on to see some of the recent study data on this point.
- A Harvard University Study of ten thousand homes in the United States and Canada found that over half of the homes had water damage and mold. In the study, the presence of mold was associated with a substantially higher level of respiratory problems.
- The American Lung Association and the US Consumer Products Safety Commission estimated that one third to one half of all structures within the US have damp conditions which can encourage mold growth. The study goes on to say, “This information is indicative of the problem. Mold doesn’t go away or become healthier over time.”
- A Mayo Clinic Study linked nearly all the chronic sinus infections that trouble approximately thirty seven million Americans to mold. Recent studies have also linked mold to the tripling of the asthma rate over the past 20 years.
- According to the EPA 90% of our time is spent indoors.
Maintain Property Values!
For property owners, a big reason to prevent mold is to maintain property values. If you wait until mold shows up, the value of your property can take a hit.
- CertainTeed Research Finds that 95% of those surveyed would favor a mold prevention program for new construction. Such programs include new construction protocol, use of mold-resistant building materials and inspection regimes with sign-offs & certifications.
- Property Deprecation: studies show that since 84% of the general market is resistant to buying a property with a previous mold history, there have been reports of property deprecations of up to 60% if a property has a history of mold. Mold prevention is the key to avoiding this scenario.
- Indoor Air Quality: Structures built today are more efficient than ever before. According to the EPA, 90% of our time is spent indoors. Current building codes stress efficiency, but fail to deal with the issues of inner-wall condensation that has lead to 1 in 2 structures in the US and Canada having moist conditions suitable to sustain mold growth (per a Harvard University Study).
The Mold Proof Inspection
- This is no ordinary inspection…it’s the ridiculously thorough Mold Proof Inspection!
- Mold is really sneaky, but we’re great at finding every place it can hide.
- We look for mold and mold-friendly conditions, so even if mold isn’t growing, we will find any places that could have future growth. Once complete, we’ll give you a clear, in-depth report of everything we find, complete with a diagram of your home, any mold-friendly conditions we find and suggested courses of action. Oh, and it’s free.
Please contact IAC-Moldbusters for more information!